ADA-compliant / NDAA-compliant / HIPAA-compliant
Forehead Fever Scanners
Currently, governments worldwide are trying to reopen the economy safely, and businesses are doing their best to get customers back. However, we’re all experiencing the stress of a further COVID-19 breakout. That’s why business owners must not only navigate the financial and operational challenges of this pandemic, but also provide a safe environment for their employees, partners, and visitors.
One of the most common symptoms of COVID-19 is a fever. According to the World Health Organization, more than 87% of infected reported feverish symptoms. At first, a person may experience a low-grade fever that gradually increases in temperature. Therefore, the first step that authorities and business owners should take is monitoring people’s body temperatures. Public health experts recommend installing thermometers in checkpoints, entrances, entryways, and other crowded venues to stop the spread of COVID-19.
How smart fever scanners can reduce the spread of Covid-19
It’s not an exaggeration to say that during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, devices that can quickly and accurately measure body temperature in high-traffic areas are vital. Even though a fever scanner won’t replace virus-specific tests, it is still one of the best tools for early COVID-19 detection.
A high-quality fever detection camera located at checkpoints and other crowded places can protect the public. On top of that, it takes some strain off healthcare providers who work tirelessly to cure patients infected with COVID-19. Therefore, authorities, business owners, and the public must do their best to minimize the spread of Coronavirus. That’s why continuous temperature monitoring is a preventative measure that will save thousands of lives.
Many public institutions and companies have already integrated infrared fever screening systems for mass monitoring or as an employee-tracking tool. These systems significantly reduce the risk of infection and increase confidence among workers, partners, and clients.
Stationary vs. wall-mounted fever scanners
Now, when lockdown measures are being relaxed, and workplaces are subjected to an inflow of workers, suppliers, and customers, etc., it's time to choose a fever thermometer suitable for your office. There are different types of them, and we'll discuss them further in this article. Right now we're going to look into stationary vs. wall-mounted fever scanners. They both are effective and convenient to use; however, they may have drawbacks pertaining to your business. We mean that for some offices, stationary systems work well, while for others - wall-mounted will do better.
Advantages of stationary fever scanners:
- They come with adjustable height.
- Some models include hand sanitizer.
- They are perfect for self-scanning.
- Stationary fever scanners can't monitor a vast group of people simultaneously.
- Distance may influence accuracy.
- It can be difficult for stationary devices to detect temperature accurately if an individual is moving or is positioned incorrectly.
Advantages of wall-mounted fever scanners:
- They can scan vast groups of people simultaneously and detect individuals with elevated body temperature for further monitoring.
- The best cameras can "recognize" objects like a hot cup of coffee.
- In such a case, the system won't send notifications; it'll only alert if fever-like symptoms are detected.
- Some fever cameras can be used discreetly.
- The atmosphere temperature may influence the scanner's accuracy.
- The device must be mounted correctly, the wrong position may affect the accuracy.
- Some of the wall-mounted scanners are more suitable for mass scanning and are not very effective as an employee-tracking tool.
How To Choose A Fever Scanner For Your Business
Are you ready to install a fever scan thermometer in your company? Don’t rush! Today’s market offers a wide range of scanners. Before making your purchase, you should know which one is right for your office. We’ve selected the best body and forehead fever scanners proven to be reliable, effective, and convenient to use.
Fever Scan Forehead Thermometer
These thermometers allow contactless, fast, and precise temperature monitoring. They can identify people with fever-like symptoms from 3 to 10 meters away and display temperature recordings right on the monitor. The thermometers come in various forms: they can be portable or full-body devices. Fever scan thermometers are suitable for waiting areas, lobbies, checkpoints, and entryways.
These cameras were created to monitor crowded areas, such as malls, hospitals, airports, office entrances, etc. They help to identify up to 30 people at a time. Such tools will not only detect individuals with fever-like symptoms but also alert the personnel so that they can react to the situation. Plus, thermal cameras can recognize repeat guests, who need further monitoring. As it was touched on above, these systems are best to use for high-traffic areas.
Smart kiosks are designed to be placed at checkpoints and entrances of offices. Once a person approaches the screen, the monitor identifies their presence, captures an image, and takes their temperature. If an elevated temperature is detected, personnel are notified immediately, and necessary precautions will follow. Smart kiosks can be integrated with door access, gates, or turnstiles.
Smart Sanitizing Hubs
Smart sanitizing hubs are perfect for entrances, hallways, lobbies, etc. While the device checks a person’s body temperature, they can also sanitize their hands. The device will instantly alert personnel if a person with fever symptoms is identified. As mentioned above, fever scanners can be stationary or wall-mounted so you can choose what works best for your company. Note that wall-mounted fever scanners work well for large areas and crowds, whereas stationary equipment is best for waiting areas, restaurants, salons, etc.
There are various types of fever scanners available that feature many useful capabilities. Using these devices guarantees a lower-risk environment for employees and clients, which, in turn, increases productivity. Below are some of the main capabilities of smart temperature cameras:
- Fever scanners are contactless and fully automated, which means no risk of infection or contamination.
- The devices can be integrated into the HealthGuard Safety Portal and a company’s existing system.
- The systems are highly reliable and accurate - the readings are as precise as +/-1C.
- The temperature scanners detect not only body temperature but also fever symptoms.
- All smart temperature monitoring systems send alerts to the personnel as soon as an individual with elevated temperature is detected.
- An operator can set up temperature thresholds.
- High-quality devices feature a facial-recognition tool to identify and only allow or disallow verified clients and employees.
- All systems feature software and are compatible with apps.
To sum it up, fever scanners enable effortless temperature monitoring to help curb the spread of this deadly virus. They work well in both small office spaces and large public areas. Everyone wins with fever scanners—so why not install one of them at your office today?